Please check these solutions for those having problem with EPSXE emulator on Windows 10. I had this problem and found the solution by chance.
- If you want to use the latest emulator of EPSXE (EPSXE v2.0.2-1), some people suggest to click options –> cpu overclocking –> click 1x
- If it does not work, try to use the previous version of EPSXE (EPSXE v2.0.0.) and install Visual Basic 5.0 Run-Time Files. You can get this from Microsoft website.
- Maybe, the problem with Windows 10 x64 with EPSXE emulator occurs from the non-existence of VBS 5. Windows 10 x64 does not ship with VBS. Cmiiw. I am not a computer savvy.
- If you still get black screen, make sure you set up your graphic plugin correctly. E.g. try “fast” setting first, or follow the suggestion given by the EPSXE team for the best plugin for your computer.
- If it still does not work, use BIN and CUE instead of ISO although you choose “run ISO.”